[TowerTalk] HyTower leg insulators

Tod tod at k0to.us
Sun Jan 29 20:18:32 EST 2006

There was a note a few weeks ago on this reflector ( I think) discussing the
replacement of the leg insulator on the HyTower. Someone suggested making
replacements from Delrin (Delran?). I think they gave a source of the
material. Can anyone point me to where I can find something on the web.

Thank goodness the insulators lasted until 23:15 UTC of the second day of
the CQ 160. However, ARRL DX is fast approaching.

Thanks for any help on the Delrin. I do have spares of the regular type of
HyGain HyTower leg insulator. (And no, I do not run QRO --- strictly legal
1.5 KW output or less if the band has limitations).

Tod, KØTO