[TowerTalk] Tower climbing is dangerous business

K8RI on Tower talk k8ri-tower at charter.net
Tue Jan 31 20:14:37 EST 2006

> Makes sense...I was speaking to a fella working on a 400ft self
> supporting tower in Maryland. The State Police are revamping the entire
> network and these 400ft towers are going up all over the place.
> None of the guys on the tower spoke english.

This was my thought. The industry is growing so fast that they are hiring
minimially (*trained*?) climbers and the safety record is not really
representative of tower climbing in general.  Given, it's a risky business
and unforgiving as if flying. In my opinion,  I just think the figures are
skewed due to a lot of new, poorly trained climbers.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com