[TowerTalk] porcupines

Alan Wilson ke4nu at ke4nu.myrf.net
Thu Jul 6 11:49:19 EDT 2006

For whats it worth..I used to live in northern Alabama and frequently
got hit by lightning. After I attended a program by Pres Jones (wireman)
I decided to try the porcupines...I installed 2 near the top of my tower
(84 ft) at 45 degree angles and made sure they had a good path to
ground. Results were the  last 5 years I lived there I got no strikes on
the tower even though several nearby  trees (lower) got  hit.
coincidence.?? maybe, but it worked for me...just my 2 cents worth...73,
Alan