[TowerTalk] staples for radials - non metal

Lee Buller k0wa at swbell.net
Thu Jul 6 12:28:39 EDT 2006

Using wood dowels invites termites and that is something I don't want around my house, so I keep the amount of wood sitting around (besides fireplace logs and such) to a bare minimum...and away from the house.

  Another "staple" couple be plastic bobby pins.  You can get a "gob" of them at The Dollar Store or similar outlets.  Plastic bobby pins come in a lot of different sizes and colors...if you look around.  The "staples" are there just to allow the grass thatch to hold the radials down eventually.  Just don't dethatch your lawn of use a verti-slicer.

  Lee - K0WA

In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you don't have any Common Sense - get some and use it.  If you can't find any common sense, ask for help from somebody who has some common sense.