[TowerTalk] Lightning damage pics

Nick Pair daweezil2003 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 8 01:44:39 EDT 2006

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/lch/severe/lsuagltg.php

  The above link will show a little of what lightning can do.
  It was not determined if this was a negative or positive pulse.
  Also note that the lightning followed cracks in slab/base and not created them in the first place. The wire mesh is about 10 gage normally, and it failed.
  I know this not a tower base but interesting never the less to assess how safe we are from lightning.

  Nick
  WB7PEK