[TowerTalk] Stranded Ground Cable

donovanf at starpower.net donovanf at starpower.net
Tue Jul 11 13:30:54 EDT 2006

Stew,

Lightning cable (sometimes called lightning conductor) is
intended for lightning protection of buildings and trees.  Tower
manufacturers  and lightning protection standards for towers do
not recommend its use.

Besides...   Why would you pay $2.00 or more per foot (current
prices) when 2 AWG timmed copper wire is less expensive and
is also the "gold standard" against which all other tower
grounding systems are compared?

73!
Frank
W3LPL