[TowerTalk] TT SHUTDOWN

kd4e kd4e at verizon.net
Tue Jul 11 11:39:38 EDT 2006

> When you drive an 8ft ground rod into the ground and are ON ground water (
> you know this since the base of your tower you dug to 8ft began filling with
> water at the bottom and this site is 40ft from a salt water canal off Tampa
> Bay ) do you still need the extensive ground system of rods tied together,
> etc.  ?
> --just curious  - Mike

Wow, near salt water ... sigh.

I rented a room when at the seminary that overlooked
a bay.  Junk wire slung in the trees, fed by junk
75 ohm tv coax, and a Heath SB-102 ... if I heard it
I could work it!

You won't have to work too hard to get the low ohms
the power company and lightning seek!

You may want to think about checking your ground rod
annually if there is salt in the groundwater ... in
case you get serious corrosion.

What a great location for a vertical!

--

Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e