[TowerTalk] Planting a Second Tower

wn0x at earthlink.net wn0x at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 12 22:58:30 EDT 2006

I am adding a second tower to my installation,  a 70' HyGain crank up.

My existing tower (which stays up) is a HyGain 52' crank up with a HyGain TH6.

I planned on placing the second tower 70' from the first, either directly West or North of my existing 52' tower.  This is so I could experiment with a wire beam or 40 meter NVIS antenna and use the second tower for support.

I also planned to experiment with a beam facing east and west for contests like the SweepStakes (QTH is in MO) to make switching back and forth quicker to the East/West.

I am interested in suggestions from the group or ideas for locating the second tower.

Thanks,

Rich