[TowerTalk] Bazzoka L ?

Nick Pair daweezil2003 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 14 05:02:19 EDT 2006

I think what we have here is half a double bazooka antenna.
  If one was wont to use nec4 to model it, you can think of it as a folded monopole with extension. over a ground level radial system. Overall length can be anything up to 90 deg., with 90 deg. being the length of the described one(kinda that way especially if you don't use a correction factor for first piece of coax after feed point.)
  The folding will give you a step-up from the lower native impedance of the L to something closer to that of coax.
  This makes the antenna a monoband antenna and any broadbandedness comes from the increased diameter over wire alone.
  The longer the feedline the better your transmitter will like this antenna ;-)
  With a lot of adjustment this makes a good small space, low mounting point antenna,
  Especially in Calif. where the sun always shines, the lightning only goes cloud to cloud, and aluminum never oxidizes or corrodes. (and the cows are content)

  73 and grins,
  Nick
  WB7PEK