[TowerTalk] Which beam/s?

Hector Garcia XE2K j_hector_garcia at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 15 20:04:34 EDT 2006

Andrew:

If you want to get the most from your qth , here some
ideas:

I will go for the TH7 from Hy gain, that will survive
most of your Bad weather, the F12 options requiere a
lot of reinforcement or a lot of  maintenance during
the years and maybe some pipes, those rivets will
loose in constant high winds.

for your 40 meters needs , a forty shorty can works or
the same hygain 7-2   with redundant connections  at
the ends to prevent breakage  in the loading.

also you can load for the 80m and 160m your tower with
this antennas and some tricks

40m can work also with phased verticals in your back
yard, I read in the NCJ a guy using cushcraft new
40/80m verticals phased with a special phasing device
from Array solutions works FB for him in his small lot

good Luck in your proyect