[TowerTalk] New Tower Installation

Phil Camera kb9cry at comcast.net
Mon Jul 17 15:53:05 EDT 2006

IMHO

Use solid bare copper wire to connect to the ground rods, #4 bare solid at min.

No need to tie each legs' ground radial together, they're already tied together at the tower.

Polyphaser recommends 65-75 feet of ground radials per leg.  With eight foot ground rods this would be 5 ground rods per leg.  I'd increase that over what you're planning; don't cheapen your ground system at this point.

No need to tie the legs to the concrete; concrete is conductive so you'll get that benefit.

And, I'm a staunch supporter of CadWelded connections for a fool-proof, maintenance free solution.

You're on your way.

Phil  KB9CRY