[TowerTalk] New Tower Installation

K8RI on Tower talk k8ri-tower at charter.net
Wed Jul 19 02:48:28 EDT 2006

>I almost agree with all that but I do think better of using Braded instead
> of solid since it is the surface or skin that carries everything and that
> being the case braded has a lot more surface or skin area than solid.

The problem with braid is not the lack of surface area, but that it's
composed of many small wires that cross each other. These junctions form...
well... junctions if there is any corosion. Also the surface is not one
continuous surfaces as in solid or even coarse stranded cable. So, although
the stuff is easy to work with, it's not quite the low inductance at the
higher frequencies we expect and it's fragile to both the environment and
physical handleing.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com