[TowerTalk] braid and high current

Bill Aycock baycock at hughes.net
Wed Jul 19 17:00:23 EDT 2006

Pardon me, but this is the biggest collection of garbage on this subject
that I have seen. The braided copper conductors I have seen in explosives
storage were about 1/2 inch in diameter, and were braided to allow limited
flexing on installation.  The individual wires were at least #12, and more
likely (from appearance) #10. Also, Army Ordnance, at least, thought they
were there for lightning grounding and dissipation, not just to calm the
fears of the peasants. Next time, get some facts before expounding .
Bill-W4BSG