[TowerTalk] Towers and Sea Birds

kd4e kd4e at verizon.net
Sun Jul 23 09:39:21 EDT 2006

> The bird is not scared off by the motion of the roatating tower, the raising
> or lowering of the tower but only my shaking the cables which are running
> off the top from the antennas.  The rotor brake activation will scare most
> small birds, but this guy doesn't get spooked by much.  - Mike

"Ohhhh, tough guy, eh?"  Curly from the Three Stooges

Perhaps a windshield wiper motor with some heavy
fiberglass lawn edger filaments tied to it?  That
might make a similar noise strapped to the tower,
and the wiper motor should be about indestructible.

I wonder how he'd respond to a strobe light?

What about a high amplitude tone burst generator,
one whose frequency you could vary from the shack
until you discovered what frequency he'd find most
disagreeable?

Don't know about potential RFI generated by any
such gadgetry!

--

Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e
http://bibleseven.com