[TowerTalk] 80' tower in SF Bay area (update)

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Sun Jul 30 09:55:06 EDT 2006

Using a release is a good idea, however I have never used anything.
Concrete shrinks a little when it hardens and I never had problems removing
wood forms.

John KK9A

To: "'Towertalk'"
Subject: [TowerTalk] 80' tower in SF Bay area (update)
From: "JC Smith"
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 12:54:54 -0700

<snip>

One quick question for the group:  In the past I have just used motor oil on
my forms, but I was always able to oil them a few minutes before I poured
the concrete.  Due to the size of this form (5'x5'x3.5') and its location
around the tower base I will probably have to oil it before I drop it over
the tower base and it may have to sit there for a while before we pour.  How
long can I wait after oiling the forms (plywood) before I pour?  Is there
any commercial form-oil product that would give me more slack time between
oiling and pouring?

Thanks, and keep an eye out for more progress reports and pictures if you
are interested.  I'll post a summary, along with costs, when the project is
complete.

73 - JC, K0HPS