[TowerTalk] Hy-Gain 244 HY-QUAD

larryjspammenot@teleport.com larryj at teleport.com
Sun Jul 30 17:52:27 EDT 2006

Juan - I don't know about the "Efficiency", but I've had three of the Hy-Gain model 244 HY-Quads over the years. They always worked very well on all three bands 20/15/10 Meters. The SWR was below 2:1 on all three bands, across the bands (even on 10-MEters 28.0 to 29.7).

I changed to a Lightning Bolt Quad instead of staying with the Hy-Gain, since there were no longer any replacement parts available for them like the aluminum stranded wire, Gamma Match parts, etc. Also, the Lightning Bolt Quad covered 6-bands (20 through 6-Meter bands, including WARC). The Hy-Gain Quad was a very strong quad with metal spreaders, while the Lightning Bolt used fiberglass spreaders. But now Lightning Bolt is no longer in business, so I can't get replacement parts for that one, either.

Larry