[TowerTalk] phillystran for wire dipoles in trees

K8RI on Tower talk k8ri-tower at charter.net
Thu Jun 1 13:16:44 EDT 2006

> As per the instruction sheet Phyllistran needs to be preloaded to attach
> the grip.  Easiest way is to have a  helper who wraps the free end
> around her waist and leans hard on it while you attah  the grip which is

I cut the cable to length plus a foot or two. Then using cam lock clamps
hook one end to the bottom of some fence posts and the other end to a come
along.  I put it under about the same tension as it will have when
installed.

> held securely to something that won't move.  I put a breaker bar in the
> bench vice and slip the thimble/grip over it.  Wrap both legs of the
> grip alternately.

I do this as well.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com