[TowerTalk] Liberal Arts Question - More Info about Dipole Antenna

Keith Dutson kdutson at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 1 15:13:00 EDT 2006

If you are looking for values for your antenna, only use the transmission
line to connect the analyzer.  Adding other components distorts the true
antenna values.  Even a very long transmission line distorts (lowers) true
VSWR.  Looking at this another way, if you are satisfied with true antenna
resonance and VSWR, then your rig and other components should be happy too.
If not, there is likely a setting that is incorrect (or a malfunction) in
one or more of the components.

73, Keith NM5G