[TowerTalk] climbing AN-Wireless/Trylon type toweres (question)

JC Smith jc-smith at comcast.net
Sun Jun 4 11:25:38 EDT 2006

I'm installing a new 80' tower this summer.  It's in a location that can't
be accessed by a crane so I'm going to build it in place like a giant
erector set.  (I'll post a link to photos soon.)  I know some of you have
done this in the past and I'm curious how hard it is to climb around on
these towers?  Obviously, during the assembly I will need to climb all
around the tower, not just up one leg (which may or may not have climbing
bolts).  I have a number of good pairs of sturdy boots.  Will climbing bolts
be much help or can I almost as easily climb the braces?  I don't think
Trylon offers climbing bolts but AN-Wireless does.  Any advice from those
who have been there before will be appreciated.

Thanks & 73 - JC, k0hps at amsat.org