[TowerTalk] climbing AN-Wireless/Trylon type toweres (question)

fred muehlen/N5WLA n5wla at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 4 17:53:48 EDT 2006

JC -
I've put up a couple of the Trylon towers this way.  They're very comfortable to climb at the lower levels, but get a bit uncomfortable toward the top as the angle of the braces gets more severe.  I found it easiest to climb up one corner, stepping on the braces angling up and away from me.

I disassembled the larger sections in 3rds, leaving the braces attached to a corner piece.  This was a manageable size and weight to work with and didn't require a gin pole; I just pulled them up with a rope.  I was able to work from inside the tower while assembing the larger sections.  I did use a gin pole toward the top, where the sections are lighter.

Good luck and enjoy your new tower.

73,
Fred Muehlen/N5WLA