[TowerTalk] How to ground a tower system?

Rob @ Peg Pohorence mcyman at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 9 19:24:06 EDT 2006

I just installed a Universal free standing aluminum tower.
  I was told by  a local Ham , that I should put in at least 3 8ft ground rods about 3 ft from the tower bottom .
  If I do that the wires will come off at a right angle, from the tower bottom to the grounding rods, is that acceptable?
  The reason I ask the question is because, Lighting usually travels in a straight path !
  Any comments would be appreciated.
  rob

                  Sincerely, Rob, Peggy , and Maggie Sue Papillion

  "The Venerable dead are waiting in my library to entertain me and relieve me from the nonsense of surviving mortals."
Samuel Davies
1725-1761