[TowerTalk] Cushcraft XM240 & Shunt fed tower

K4SAV RadioIR at charter.net
Mon Jun 12 20:09:16 EDT 2006

Wow! Very interesting info on your XM240 balun, Steve. Please describe
your tower, height, and what you have on it at what height.  I would
like to model this and see what the model tells me about the currents at
the XM240 balun. Based on some crude experiments, I always thought this
balun was pretty much of a non-balun at 160 meters. Perhaps it has just
enough impedance to produce a lot of dissipation even with relatively
small currents.

Jerry, K4SAV