[TowerTalk] Position of fall arrest lanyard

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Thu Jun 15 12:19:27 EDT 2006

In a message dated 6/14/2006 10:13:48 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
towertalk-request at contesting.com writes:

>  I know this has been tackle before, but can I please have  your thoughts
on
which is the best position for the fall arrest lanyard,  front or back. I
use the back, but ran across this picture today

The correct place for a  fall arrest lanyard is the D-ring between your
shoulder blades. That will catch  you in a more benign posture.

        The D-ring in the front is  for when you use a safety climb cable and
slider system with a climbing ladder  or pegs. You don't have the same fall
exposure that you have when you're  climbing around the tower and using your
fall arrest lanyard so a little fall  while attached to the safety climb isn't
as potentially dangerous.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH -