[TowerTalk] Bracketed 45G

Kevin Hemsley kev at ida.net
Thu Jun 15 20:39:05 EDT 2006

Steve (K7LXC) wrote:
> My first question is what  heights it's going to be housebracketed at
> and how much tower will be  above the top bracket (Rohn specs call for 2
> brackets)? The Rohn specs allow 14  feet above the top bracket and will take
> aproximately 30 square feet at 75 MPH.  (Obviously you can go up a little higher
> while de-rating the capacity.)

Yes, Rohn 45G specs call for two brackets. For a 50' tower, upper at 36' and lower at 18'. For 80 MPH wind, this supports 25.9 sq. ft. of antenna area.  The top bracket will be about 26'. This would put the tower height at 25' above the top bracket and we will have < 8 sq. ft. of antenna. The wall is heavily reinforced and we will be putting steel plates on the back side of the wall supporting the brackets.

Thanks,
                  Kevin.
Kevin Hemsley
kev at ida.net