[TowerTalk] Permanent fall arrest line?

William Q Meeker wqmeeker at iastate.edu
Fri Jun 16 14:53:24 EDT 2006

Bill:

AN Wireless markets such a life line for their towers. Details are at:

http://www.anwireless.com/lifeline.html

I have one of these on my HD-70. You can also order a SALA ascender from them:

http://www.anwireless.com/ascender.html

which attached to the front D-ring on a full-body harness. It works very
well. My wife never did like to see me climb, even 30 years ago, but she
feels better now that I have this system.

73,

Bill
K0KT

>Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 06:42:52 -0700
>From: Bill Turner <dezrat at copper.net>
>Subject: [TowerTalk] Permanent fall arrest line?
>To: towertalk at contesting.com
>
>I'd like to install a permanent fall arrest line from top to bottom
>of my tower that I could clip onto using a "rope grab" type of
>device. I think the rock climbers call them "ascenders".
>
>My question is what type of line or rope would be suitable for
>permanent attachment? Most rope will deteriorate in sunlight and I
>don't want something I can't trust. Perhaps a wire line, although the
>rope grabbers I've seen so far are only for rope, not wire. How about
>Phillystran?
>
>Any advice appreciated.
>
>Bill, W6WRT

William Q. Meeker