[TowerTalk] 160M Inverted Vee

doktorij at bellsouth.net doktorij at bellsouth.net
Sat Jun 17 12:28:40 EDT 2006

Bill,

How high is the apex of your Vee and how close to the ground are your ends?

If I am really lucky, I could get my apex about 50' in the air. That may not be bad as I'm about 900' ASL. Not sure what my HAAT is, but I would suspect I'm above it around a 100' give or take.

I do love my vertical, short as it is and poorly matched as it was.

Found using my two wire 80M phased verticals on 160 to be a good Rx antenna. Planning on trying a 300' beverage this year.

Cheers,
Julius
n2wn