[TowerTalk] 160M Inverted Vee

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Sun Jun 18 23:53:54 EDT 2006

> Seriously though, such statements are of no value unless you include
> a lot more information. If you expect me to believe the 20 dB figure
> for all signals from all directions at all times of day...

We listened all night long during a 160m contest to stations in
all directions, near and far.  The vee never compared to the vertical.
It may be, that once in a while, the vee would have been useful,
although I never observed that; but this test convinced me that
if I had to pick one of the other (for transmit), I would take
the vertical any day.

The vee (any vee, even a 40 meter vee) is better on receive
than any vertical, at my QTH.

Rick N6RK