[TowerTalk] one last question

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 21 17:38:44 EDT 2006

At 01:23 PM 6/21/2006, Eugene Hertz wrote:
>sorry, meant to add this into my first post.
>
>I am looking to buy antenna wire. I am trying to decide between copperweld
>or this stuff called "flex-weave". Has anyone had experience with both to
>formulate an opinion? Antenna is 40' up and then 140' over (L)
>
>Can one solder onto flex-weave? I wonder if it has non-metallic strands of
>some kind which might make soldering difficult

Copperweld (which is actually a tradename for copper coated steel wire) is
a heck of a lot stronger and stiffer than flexweave or plain copper wire.

How long are you going to have this antenna up?

I haven't soldered flex-weave myself, but I've seen soldered joints, so it
must be possible. There might be an "art" to it.