[TowerTalk] mystery low band antenna between Chevrol and Goujon, France

Jim Jarvis jimjarvis at verizon.net
Thu Jun 22 08:43:00 EDT 2006

Eric, what's the height of that tower, again?

At first, I thought it might be FR1, the 2MW longwave
station on 162KHz.  But that's north of you, in Allouis,
above Limoge.

Have forwarded the URL to two french friends, to see if
we might find out.  Get back to you in a day or so.

OH...is that 'coaxial wire xmsn line' tied to the top of
the antenna, or just hanging there?  Is the bottom end
grounded, or matched in some way?

If it's a french Low Band bcdst operation or beacon, that
xmsn line may be a tuned parasitic element to induce a null.

N2EA
jimjarvis at ieee.org