[TowerTalk] CushCraft Query

Joe Subich, W4TV w4tv at subich.com
Thu Jun 22 10:33:23 EDT 2006

Barry,

Download the A3, D4 and A743 (40/30 meter kit) manuals from the
CushCraft web site and compare them.  You should be able to use
the parts from the D4 as an A743.  The 10 and 20 meter traps are
identical in the A3/A743 and the D4.  The 15 meter trap and the
element lengths are slightly different.  To be "safe," I would
recommend using the 15 meter trap from your A3 driven element
the dimensions from the A743 manual.

The D4 mast bracket is much more rugged than the DE mount for the
A3 but you will need to replace the D4 U-bolts (2 1/8") with bolts
to mount to the A3 boom (1 5/8").  I would recommend a pair of DX
Engineering's 1 3/4" "Saddle Clamps" (www.dxengineering.com).

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV