[TowerTalk] UFER Towerbase for 220ft "wifi" tower

Beat Meier bmeier at infovia.com.ar
Sat Jun 24 13:08:29 EDT 2006

Hello

I'm looking for an "easy" method  to calculate more or less a tower base
for my tower.
The tower is NOT self supporting.
Height: 66m (220ft)
Shape: triangle
Material: Painted steel, not galvanized.
What is mounted are only "small" parabolid grids (1mx0.7m) and omni
antennas.

Every 6m there are the cables. From the base to half of the tower the
cables go to 25m point
from the half to top to a 50m point

        50m

        .
    /      \
   /____\

I want to use UFER ground. If read a lot of articles found in the forum
and the internet
but no one tells about how many metall grid you should put in a tower base.

Does for example a hole 1m (3ft) diameter, 2m deep (7ft) filled with
concred and steel meshes to the job?

Are there any good sites with calculations? I have nothing found.

Thanks a lot for any info

Beat