[TowerTalk] staples for radials

Red RedHaines at centurytel.net
Mon Jun 26 09:50:35 EDT 2006

I bought wire at a farm store, cut it into pieces as Lee describes, and
bent a short hook onto one end of each piece.  To bend the ends quickly
and easily, I clamped two nails in a vise about 3/16" apart, placed an
end between the nails, and bent the wire around one nail.  I quickly
made enough to "nail" over 4000' of radial wire to somewhat uneven lawn,
without a hammer.  The wire came in a roll over 2' in diameter and I
didn't bother to straighten that curvature.  I just pushed the curved
"staples" into the ground so that the hooks held the wire.

73 de WOØW