[TowerTalk] Building a Tower Trailer

Kelly Johnson n6kj.kelly at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 15:32:13 EDT 2006

I would like to mount a Force12 LPT tower on a trailer.  Anyone have
any experience building a trailer for a tower (or otherwise)?  I am
looking for design/construction tips.  In particular, I need a trailer
that is small and reasonably inexpensive.  In particular, I would like
the trailer to be as narrow as possible yet still stable enough for
towing.  I'm thinking something with retractable/removable struts.

My LPT1242 worked out extremely well for FD this past weekend.  I'm
hoping to make it even more convenient by mounting it on a trailer.
Unfortunately, I have limited space at my home for a trailer and thus
need it to be small, narrow, and light enough that I can push it along
the side of my house into the back yard.

Any advice would be appreciated.