[TowerTalk] Building a Tower Trailer

Hector Garcia XE2K j_hector_garcia at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 27 16:40:40 EDT 2006

Kelly:

I read all the post  around your request , I'm interested in the same thing , build a portable tower in a trailer, I own a 37ft steel Hygain tower and i get from a uncle a 17ft boat trailer, single axle, but my uncle is sure will be no problem to install the tower on it , he recomend to use a factory trailer  and not to build one , he say something abouth the law and the responsability for damages that can be produced by this trailer in an accident., i follow his advice.

The trailers you say , maybe looks like this ones
 http://da.harborfreight.com/cpisearch/web/search.do?keyword=TRAILER

other option is like me , find a cheap used , with licence plates   boat trailer, also with electric or hydraulic brakes , strongly recomended,  the brakes in the trailer help when your towing vehicle is small or medium  or very lite  like the small trucks.

The tower from F12 can fit in a very small tower, also very lite to install and remove from trailer .

Also i have several photos of diferents trailers with tower, i have several from the US towers used in Visalia, also some others from meteorological equipment,  etc.

Good Luck

Hector Garcia XE2K / XF1K
Mexicali B.C DM22fp

http://www.dxxe.org