[TowerTalk] Un-nesting aluminum elements...

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at citlink.net
Fri Jun 30 11:36:07 EDT 2006

Guys with ideas...

I am trying to remove a 3/4" aluminum element end from a swaged 1-1/4" element. I don't think these have been apart in 30 years. What tricks do you guys have up your sleeve to help me separate these two pieces of tubing?

Using vise grips on the smaller section I was able to rotate the element and move it back about an inch, but that's as far as it has gone. I'll be chewing up the smaller tubing if I continue this route.

I've soaked the connection with LPS lubricant overnight but thought I would put out a call for ideas before giving it another go today...

TIA

73 de Bob - K0RC