[TowerTalk] crimp on pl259 part numbers

bob finger finger at goeaston.net
Tue Mar 14 15:36:44 EST 2006

A few days ago we had a discussion re pl259's.  I mentioned there is a 
pl259 type that  goes on like an N connector and I love them.  Joel 
W3RFC at "The RF Connection" was kind enough to send me the part number 
and his comments.  They are:  UHF-RFC17-01C.  This is a pl 259 for 
RG-213/214 clamp style.  Center conductor can be drilled out with a #32 
or #33 drill for LMR400 cables.  Joel says "you can cut the gasket in 
half for easier assembly."  I have not needed to do this, yet. Braid is 
clamped and only the center conductor requires solder.  They go on the 
cable in less than a minute.  

His part number for crimp on pl259 for rg-58 (the original thread 
question) is UHF-RFC17-01F-5. 

The above can be obtained via www.therfc.com  73 bob de w9ge

More information about the TowerTalk mailing list