[TowerTalk] Aluminum mast

Bruce Ferratt uglyatc at msn.com
Wed Mar 15 16:31:17 EST 2006

Jim-
Thanks for your email.
The mast is 1 1/4" OD.  Solid, round.  Side writing on the states it is ASTM
6061-T6511 grade aluminum.  It was $66.  Weighs about the same as the seet
6' mast that came with the tower.  I just don't like mounting a rotor right
in the open section of Rohn25g,... it's gotta be lower inside the tower.
The beam is a Mosely TA-33M Tri-bander.  Longest element is 26ft---13ft each
side of boom.  Boom is 14ft long.
The beam and stacked vertical 2m/440 will probably weigh under <40lbs at the
most!
Also,... your formula,....
1 1/4" OD *4 (to the 4th power) minus 0 ID (zero) (my mast is solid),... is
this correct?  The mast is solid,...there is no ID,...please recalculate the
formula with the details I have provided.
73
Bruce
K4BOF