[TowerTalk] KLM Balun Phase Markings

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Thu Mar 23 11:14:10 EST 2006

K4XS wrote (with my parenthetical additions):

 >The little (KLM balun) marking, usually a + (made
with 5 dots burned into the PVC case), should be
on the same side for all antennas.  If not, he had
a FB antenna for high angle radiation (BOP).

         I broke a 1999 vintage balun (mechanical
stud) manufactured by the second owner of KLM and
was happy to learn that an old 1980 balun from the
original KLM manufacturer was marked consistently.

                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV