[TowerTalk] TowerTalk] Home insurance news/tips vis. antennas

Dr. Howard S. White drpaper at msn.com
Fri Mar 24 05:03:09 EST 2006

Why does everyone on this list seem to be so mad at insurance companies?
What is the crime in trying to earn a profit?  Insurance companies like all
businesses are in business to make money or they could not exist.

Yes, insurance companies pay legitimate claims... but so many claims are
just plain fraudulent.. and so many claims are horrendously inflated by our
out of control tort system where lawyers are allowed to convince the
uneducted who make up our juries to award outrageous settlements.

Before you blame the insurance companies... take a look at reality.. they
took a major hit this hurricane season... we all have to pay for that...
that's how insurance works...they spread the risk to the policy holders...
Payment of claims comes out of the premiums they collect not out of some
mythological pie in the insurance sky...

Insurance companies are tightly regulated and can be rather competitive...
it is not that profitable a business...

No... I do not nor have I ever worked in the Insurance Industry... I just
understand how business works...
Howard S. White Ph.D. P. Eng., VE3GFW/K6  ex-AE6SM  KY6LA
Website: www.ky6la.com
"No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"
"Ham Antennas Save Lives - Katrina, 2003 San Diego Fires, 911"