[TowerTalk] Grounding a vertical

Red RedHaines at centurytel.net
Sun Mar 26 12:27:16 EST 2006

Hi, Gene;

I agree that the informed ham should read ICE's material.  The informed
ham should also read PolyPhaser's Tech Notes and the book PP publishes.
The informed ham must also recognize some bias and less than technically
correct information in them.  I turn to Rakov and Uman and to Standler
for more authoritative information.  I value information from Bourns
about GDTs and arrestor components.

I use both ICE and PolyPhaser arrestors in my station and in club
stations with which I am associated and I include their publications as
references when I speak to ham clubs about lightning protection.

73 de WOØW