[TowerTalk] Decision: T8 or T11?

Mark Adams, PE msadams at buffalo.edu
Mon Mar 27 09:31:40 EST 2006

Hi Gang,

My TX-455 is up and only supporting a dipole. Plan was to go with a new
multiband beam, a Tennadyne T8 or T11. I have a Hy-Gain 64 DX along with
an FO-12 from previous QTH. The Hy-Gain was up for 8 years and it worked
FB.

There seem to be 2 obvious options given I'll be using an Alliance HD73
and a 12' 6061-T6 mast, 2" OD x 1/4" wall. (Yes, I've done load calcs to
make sure it will not break. Both options have very good safety factors.)

#1 Buy a T11. Have 20-6 w/o need for the Hy-Gain. The spare mast space
could go to my 2M FO-12.

#2 Buy a T8 and put the Hy-Gain 5' above the T8. Loading above this
level is an issue, so 2m would need to be a pair of Par Omnis to keep
the wind load very low.

What I've not been able to determine is just how well the T11 plays on
6m.  Seems to be about the least popular of the Tennadyne beams.

Suggestions?

Best regards,
Mark/ K2QO
FN03ra