[TowerTalk] Tower Painting...Why not just regalvanize?

Cqtestk4xs at aol.com Cqtestk4xs at aol.com
Mon May 1 06:46:33 EDT 2006

If someone is concerned about rust on the inside when cleaning up rusty
tower, you can always to the regalvanizing route.  Down in Tampa there is a  place
with 40 foot long tank where they dip it in an acid bath and then
regalvanize it.  They will also do any other items you may need done too,  such as
homemade side arm mounts, masts etc.  The last time I checked  the price was around
$400 per thousand pounds with a 1000 pound minimum  cost.  With the Rohn 65 I
plan on getting regalvanized, 1000 pounds minimum  is not a problem.

Other big cities may have cheaper prices and different minimums, but  there's
no reason two or more hams couldn't put an order together to meet  it.

The regalvanizing process addresses the problems of arresting any new
deterioration with the removal of loose rust and recoating.

Bill K4XS