[TowerTalk] Tower Painting

K8RI on Tower talk k8ri-tower at charter.net
Mon May 1 18:41:18 EDT 2006

> An idea I had once concerning this, as I was getting it all over me, the
> grass, my hair and my close, was to fill a PVC pipe longer
> and a bit more in circumference than the tower leg with the stuff.
>
> I think you can get it in liquids rather than sprays. It would probably be
> more cost effective than the spray because you would

When you use it in liquid form, as I do and pour it into the tower legs a
quart should be plenty, particularly when it is cut with thinnner..

> waste less in the air and in the paint brush.
>
> Of course this would only work if the tower was just delivered new or
> disassembled used.
>
> This way you could actually dip it and cover the whole thing evenly, never
> having to do it ever again

The thing is, you need many gallons of paint to do even half a tower
section.  Dip one half, pull it out reverse it and dip the other half.
However flipping a tower section that has been dipped could turn out to be
messy.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com