[TowerTalk] Antenna Spacing

Mike DeVivo michael.devivo at snet.net
Mon May 8 09:03:03 EDT 2006

I am considering putting up a 30 foot Universal tilt over tower. There would
be a 3 element HF Tribander and a mono band 2 meter and a mono band 440
beams. The VHF and UHF beams would be vertically polarized.

Universal recommends that nothing be 6 feet above the the tower.

Other than physically speaking, I know about the 1/2 wave length guide line
of the lowest frequency. Does this apply only if another ham and I were
using two antennas on the tower at the same time or does this apply to the
function of a single antenna transmitting and some sort of over load

Thanks and 73,
Mike

N1CHP