[TowerTalk] Radials

AA6DX - Mark aa6dx at arrl.net
Mon May 8 11:37:24 EDT 2006

Back in the 7Øs, I had a steerable vertical array for 4ØM like that of which
you speak .. I read, re-read, studied, and decided the "way to go" was EACH
vertical have its own isolated set of radials.  It worky worky swell.  But,
this was the days before computer optimizing, and I have since read "proof",
as I recall, that an inclusive system works best.  As the one I installed,
using coax and switches for phasing, worked so well, I never changed it, and
never had a chance to run A-B tests.  All I know is that it sure performed,
each vertical independent of the others as to radials.  I still had the
coaxial cable grounds offering a common connection, as my switches were not
double-pole.  I am about ready to try that again, in my quite small downtown
lot.  I have collected about enough aluminum for 3 32' sticks...  HIHI
73
Mark Nelson  -  AA6DX

mailto: AA6DX at ARRL.NET