[TowerTalk] Antenna Spacing

Yo3ctk yo3ctk at alltrom.ro
Mon May 8 11:54:32 EDT 2006

While we are on the subject, please allow me to ask a related question. My
current situation is as follows:

I have a rotatable F12 C4XL @ 24m and a fixed 15m monobander @ 17.5m
oriented NW (lambda/2 from the 15m section of the tribander and lambda from
the ground). I want to add another identical 15m mono, oriented NE (that is,
right angle from the first mono). I plan to use a STACK-2 from Comtek to
switch the two fixed monoband yagis. The F12 will operate independently.

As my interest is primarily contests, I'd like to use the two fixed yagis to
beam into Western EU/USA and Asia respectively, and the rotatable 4-bander
into the rest of the world. The mono beams have adequate gain, so I'm not
after more gain.

Now, the question is on the placement of the second, fixed, NE oriented
monobander. I could place it a further lambda/2 lower on the tower, thus
respecting the stacking distance but having the NE antenna at only lambda/2
height or I could place it in the immediate vicinity of the first fixed
mono, taking advantage of the right angle orientation and thus preserving
lambda height.

Both 15m monobanders in discussion are Hy-Gain 5-el Long Johns.

Which is the best solution, given the information above? Any and all
comments appreciated.

73 de Mike, YO3CTK
YR7M stationmaster