[TowerTalk] Rohn 50 Foot Push Up Mast

ersmar at comcast.net ersmar at comcast.net
Mon May 8 13:15:37 EDT 2006

Dave:

     I can't anwer your questions regarding wind loading, etc.  But I can offer a suggestion.  I had one of these PU masts to my ATV Yagi and 2M vertical a few years ago and didn't like the thin cotter pins that came with the mast.   If you haven't done so already, you should replace the cotter pins that hold up each section with stainless carriage bolts and hardware.  In fact you ought to install a second bolt at each joint.   In that way you can apply a bit more vertical load that will result from guying with two sets of guys.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F

From: Dave Tipton <dave at lodave.org>