[TowerTalk] radials for a 4 sq system

Phil Camera kb9cry at comcast.net
Tue May 9 08:48:28 EDT 2006

Correct me if I am wrong, but I had heard that terminating and tying each of the radials to a common bus line where they intesect it to be the prefered way now; and that is why Com Tek shows this method in their manual.

Dick, you are correct.  What I did for my 4 Sq was to lay down a criss-cross of bare solid #10 with the center at the Comtek box.  Any radials from the verticals that intersected this were soldered to this criss-cross buss (used silver bearing solder for longer life) and obviously any radials that didn't intersect were layed out to their full length.  My system seems to work fine.  Phil  KB9CRY