[TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 41, Issue 21

Robin Midgett K4IDC at Comcast.net
Wed May 10 13:13:19 EDT 2006

Yes, I can tell you...No, absolutely not! 25G isn't self-supporting
at any height. Additionally, if you were to erect this 40' tower
without guying it, someone would have to climb it and install the
antenna...making for a very dangerous situation. The ice loading
situation that someone else mentioned is another reason not to do this.
Granted, hams have used this technique and gotten away with it for
years...but that doesn't justify doing it. You should either guy the
25G installation or use self-supporting tower.

At 05:32 AM 5/10/2006, you wrote:
> [...]

Thanks,
Robin Midgett K4IDC
615-322-5836 office - rolls to pager