[TowerTalk] SteppIr's are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

K2EK at aol.com K2EK at aol.com
Thu May 11 19:16:16 EDT 2006

really don't understand people who move to places where there are established
businesses, entertainment facilities, radio towers, etc. and then try to make
them go away.....
This tale and others is so descriptive of where I until just last month in
NY...

It was originally a rural area in the mid Hudson Valley.  Then came
development and city people who wanted nothing more than turn it into "the city".  What
- No side walks??  Where do people walk??  Gotta have those.  What - no
street lights?  It's DARK here...  So much for star gazing.  Then went the sporting
clays course... "too noisy"  and THEY shoot guns there (they do too in the
city, but in the city, they are shooting at people)...  Then the farms ...  nice
bucolic view.  But then the farmer spreads manure on his field.  Oh no -
can't have that - it smells.. 300 dairy farms in the county shrink to less than 30
within 10 years.  Local airport?  More noise.  Can't have that either.
Antennas - OH NO!  They are unsightly...  This from a guy who showed up at my
zoning board hearings wearing not 1 but 2 cell phones and a pager on his belt.
Where did he think the signals come from??  Geez!  Am I glad I am out of there...

de Bill
K2EK/4